Croessmann & Westberg, P.C. represents owners, contractors and other construction professionals. Our attorneys and professional staff are dedicated to helping you anticipate and avoid problems, resolve disputes, and achieve business goals. We balance your needs to manage and control legal fees and costs.
• Claims for Equitable Adjustments
• Mechanic's Liens
• Bond and Surety Claims
• Change Orders
• Architect/Engineer (A/E) Malpractice
• Construction Defects
• Design Build
• CM at Risk
• Integrated Project Delivery
• Insurance Coverage
• Government Contracts
• Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Regulatory Requirements
We review so many standard industry contracts that we are able to offer online review of these contracts at very reasonable prices. Most contracts take between two and five hours to review. If the review will take longer than five hours, we will call you with an estimate prior to beginning the work. Simply email us the contract (preferably in Microsoft® Word format) and we will mark it up with our comments and email it back to you, usually within 48 hours.
1. Claims and Contract Management on the construction of the Champlain Bridge on the Saint Lawrence Seaway, Montreal, and the resolution of CAN $95m in claims against the Canadian Government and various subcontractors. Montreal, Canada
2. Defended an architect on a multi-party claim on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Washington, DC. The case was successfully settled.
3. Claims Management on high-speed rail link, Montabaur, Germany. Managing a team of six for the preparation of the main claim for acceleration, extension of time, delay and disruption, variations and additional works on a guaranteed maximum price contract.
4. Represented demolition subcontractor in a claim for additional work and time extension on the demolition of an Alcoa manufacturing facility. The case was successfully settled in mediation.
5. Contracts and Commercial Manager on several power plants throughout Europe.
6. Assisted the Central Connecticut Solid Waste Authority in drafting an RFQ to procure solid waste disposal and recycling services for their member communities. This effort included the drafting of general conditions for the proposed contract, assisting in analyzing the legal requirements for the procurement and developing strategies for the selection process.
CONTACT US FOR CREATIVE AND EFFICIENT REPRESENTATION
If you are interested in learning more about our firm, please contact us at (540) 272-9775 or online to schedule your free consultation.