John represents clients in the areas of commercial real estate finance and real property development. He has experience with commercial real estate finance matters, equity acquisitions and dispositions, and leasing matters. John has represented clients in commercial real estate acquisitions, debt facilities, mezzanine debt, private equity, and preferred equity related to multi-use developments and multi-family buildings. He has provided guidance on the acquisition, finance and development of warehouse facilities, churches, and recycling facilities. John has experience in the negotiation and drafting of limited liability agreements, joint venture agreements, and asset/property management agreements. He has also represented clients in sophisticated land use cases, particularly involving easements and property line disputes.
J.D., George Mason University - Antonin Scalia Law School
B.A. , University of Virginia, 1996
- Speaker, “37th Annual Real Estate Practice Seminar – Easements: The Changing Landscape and Scope”, Virginia CLE, May 2019 – Roanoke, VA, Fairfax, VA, Williamsburg, VA
- Speaker, “Recent Issues and Concerns Affecting Easements Under Virginia Law,” Fairfax Bar Association, October 17, 2018
- Panelist, “2018 Legislative Update – Real Estate,” Fairfax Bar Association, September 20, 2018
- Lecturer, “Real Estate Transactions: Avoiding the Top Mistakes,” National Business Institute Seminar, Fairfax, VA, September 12, 2018
- Lecturer, “Top 5 Most Problematic Parts of Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements,” National Business Institute Seminar, Fairfax, VA, October 23, 2017
- Lecturer, “Clearing Title for Defects Due to Easements, Encroachments and Survey/Boundary Disputes: Identifying and Resolving Common Title Defects to Ensure Closing of the Deal,” Strafford Publications, Inc., National Webinar, July, 2015, July, 2016 and January, 2019.
- Moderator, “Contracts Gone Bad: The Litigator’s Wish List for Transactional Lawyers,” Virginia State Bar Annual Meeting, Virginia Beach, VA, June 19, 2015
- Lead Presenter, “Legal Aspects of Navigating the Leasing Environment of the Post-Metro Tysons Corner Market.” Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce Real Estate and Business Council Fireside Chat, Tysons Corner, VA, June 18, 2014
- Lecturer, “Commercial Leases: Negotiating Key Provisions.” Fairfax, VA, September 30, 2013
- Guest Speaker , "The Decision to Litigate." Arnold & Porter LLP, Roundtable Breakfast Series, McLean, VA, November 6, 2008