Croessmann & Westberg, P.C. represents business owners in all aspects of their business needs. Our attorneys and professional staff are dedicated to helping you anticipate and avoid problems, resolve disputes, and achieve business goals. We are comprised of attorneys, accountants, and business executives who have owned businesses themselves and understand the unique challenges that a business owner faces on a day-to-day basis. Below are a few representative areas where we can help your business:
Business and International Strategies
Mergers and Acquisitions
Officer and Director liability
Foreign Corrupt Practices
False Claims Act
GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICE
Over the years, we have found that many clients that are too small to hire an in-house counsel benefit from our General Counsel Service. This service provides the following services for a fixed monthly fee that is based on the company's size and legal needs.
• We answer questions over the telephone that do not require extensive legal research
• We review and revise standard industry contracts
• We meet with the Client quarterly to generally review the client's business practices
• We will send out the first collection letter demanding payment on any overdue account
We review so many standard industry contracts that we are able to offer online review of these contracts at very reasonable prices. Most contracts take between two and five hours to review. If the review will take longer than five hours, we will call you with an estimate prior to beginning the work. Simply email us the contract (preferably in Microsoft® Word format) and we will redline it with our comments and email it back to you, usually within 48 hours. After the client receives the redlined version, we will go through the contract with the client to answer any questions. We are also available to directly participate in the negotiations.
DUE DILIGENCE AND RISK MITIGATION
Due to our staff's extensive experience in working for and with AEC firms, we can bring a seasoned view during an audit, due diligence review, claims mitigation/workout or governance process. Whether you are a private equity firm looking to acquire an AEC firm, or a company in need of improving your processes and procedures, we can assist in bringing state-of-the-art processes to your particular situation.
1. Negotiated the sale of a pension services company.
2. Negotiated the sale of an HVAC company.
3. Advised on a consulting contract for services in the Middle East on a major infrastructure project.
4. Negotiated the sale of interior design firm to a national architectural firm.
5. Designed an internal ownership transition for an architectural firm.
6. Start-up and business strategy counseling for an auto detailing company.
7. Insured compliance with regulatory requirements for a multi-state residential improvement and restoration contractor.
CONTACT US FOR CREATIVE AND EFFICIENT REPRESENTATION
If you are interested in learning more about our firm, please contact us at (540) 272-9775 or online to schedule your free consultation.