Croessmann & Westberg, P.C. aggressively represents owners, contractors and other construction professionals. Our attorneys and professional staff are dedicated to helping you anticipate and avoid problems, resolve disputes, and achieve business goals. We balance your needs to manage and control legal fees and costs.
• Architect/Engineer (A/E) Malpractice
• Construction Defects
• Designer Lead Design Build
• Integrated Project Delivery
• Insurance Coverage
• Government Contracts
• Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Regulatory and Licensing Requirements
• Copyright and Intellectual Property
GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICE
Over the years, we have found that many clients that are too small to hire an in-house counsel benefit from our General Counsel Service. This service provides the following services for a fixed monthly fee that is based on the firm's size and legal needs.
• We answer questions over the telephone that do not require extensive legal research
• We review and revise standard industry conctracts
• We meet with the Client quarterly to generally review the client's business practices
• We will send out the first collection letter demanding payment on any overdue account
We review so many standard industry contracts that we are able to offer online review of these contracts at very reasonable prices. Most contracts take between two and five hours to review. If the review will take longer than five hours, we will call you with an estimate prior to beginning the work. Simply email us the contract (preferably in Microsoft® Word format) and we will mark it up with our comments and email it back to you, usually within 48 hours.
1. Assisted an architect in recovering additional fees for extra services.
2. Instituted copyright action to recover for misappropriation of plans.
3. Defended structural engineer against claim brought by the Argentine Navy for settlement caused by defective sheeting and shoring. The case was successfully settled.
4. Defended an architect on a multi-party claim on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Washington, DC. The case was successfully settled.
5. Settled a dispute through a mediation between the architect and owner on a major monument on the Mall in Washington DC.
CONTACT US FOR CREATIVE AND EFFICIENT REPRESENTATION
If you are interested in learning more about our firm, please contact us at (540) 272-9775 or online to schedule your free consultation.